Friday, January 18, 2013

Nursery Ideas & Inspiration

Thanks to Pinterest, I've been getting some ideas of what I like for a nursery. Since we'll still be renting for at least the next year, I doubt we're gonna go crazy and paint everything. Luckily, most of the nurseries I liked were in neutral colors anyway. Also, I found that I love balloons/hot air balloons and elephants. Who knew?

A few neutral nurseries that caught my eye:

I found this on www.houzz.com and the main thing that stood out to me was the elephant hamper. So I hunted it down, and at $71 I doubt we'll actually get it, but it's so cute that I'll share it here:
Elephant Hamper from HomeDecorators.com
I like the cream, white, and brown color scheme of this nursery (also from houzz.com). Personally, I would add more pops of color in the form of art, a rug, and bedding. They also make good use of a small space, which I imagine will be close to the size of our nursery.

Here's another cream, white, and brown nursery. I'm a fan of how it's lighter than the one above, and I love those storage cubby boxes. I think the shiny dresser, velvety chair, and furry rug are a little too fancy for a baby though (or for me, for that matter).

Here are some really cute, colorful rugs I found:
My Hot Air Balloon Rug

Whimsy Sky Rug

Round Balloon Rug
And some balloon wall art I've been eyeing:
Captains of the Clouds

Baby Giraffe Soaring

LOVE this Quote - Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find this print for sale

Bunny Balloon in Orange Creamsicle

Flight of the Elephants

Voyages Over Edinburgh
Around the World Mural Banner
And some DIY project inspiration for when I'm on maternity leave:
DIY Paper Lantern Hot Air Balloons

Elephants and Birds Mobile
Dream Your Sky Mobile

Paper Hot Air Balloon Mobile

And, even though Ezzy's 1st birthday is a long way off, I'm just gonna throw in a picture of this cake, because it's adorable, and because it's cake:
Shabby Chic Hot Air Balloons Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment